It is being made on a couple of fronts.

First, there’s the buffer. I’ve got quite a lot of it, particularly if I’m only doing two updates a week. Since I’ve got more than a month’s worth of it I’ll be starting updates on Tuesday the 22nd. Second, there’s the digitization of the buffer[1]. That’s going well, and takes less time than I thought it would per entry.

Third, there’s the theming and appearance. Overall I’m happy, although I’ll have to do a little HTML find-and-replace to get the text in the entries to flow how I want it to (removing paragraph margins, adding initial paragraph indentation). The category archive pages I’m not thrilled with—I’d rather there be excerpts for posts visible—but I can’t find a way to change that, and I like the way the theme looks overall, so I guess I’ll have to live with it.

Fourth, there’s that pesky About page. I’ll come up with something, I swear.

Fifth, I’ll need to come up with a title to go in the header (Coming Soon is descriptive now, but ideally that will change). I get the feeling this is going to be the hardest part.

[1] When writing seriously I put everything on actual paper first, and then type it in for publication—it gives me a free edit and proofread, although I have to proofread again anyway thanks to my limited ability to type error-free.

This entry was posted in Blather. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply